I’ve done a little bit of shopping recently, and I know I really shouldn’t have this close to christmas, but I’ve treated myself to a few new wardrobe items. That’s the inspiration behind todays post, my winter wardrobe. I’ve got a mix of some new bits and old loved bits to share, but this it was my clothing choices consist of at this time of year.
- I’ve picked up a new coat for this winter, my previous one has been through two winters now and was looking a little tatty, I really don’t think it was going to last a third! Also, with a new job I wanted a bit of a more formal coat. I always get my coats from New Look, not only are they gorgeous, but a reasonable price, and last quite well. I have fallen in love with this coat, it’s so warm and soft, with the added bonus that it is my favourite colour for clothing, grey!
- I have also picked myself up a new knitted jumper, this beauty was from H&M, a shop I rely on a lot, purely because their clothes fit me so well, last a decent amount of time, are really affordable and super cute. I’ve got a gorgeous green jumper which I’ve had for years, it’s now looking a bit scraggy and I’ve been desperate to find a replacement. I have been so fussy though as this jumper is my absolute favourite, and this new one is the closest I have found to it.
- This dress, also from H&M was actually a present from my wonderful boyfriend. He knows me so well, I love it! (I’m wearing it as I type this actually). Again, grey is the go to colour for me, and the skater style dresses are my favourite, win! What I also love about this dress is the little leather style collar, it adds just a little something different. Also, I’m a big fan of the sleeve length with this. For this time of year, you don’t want strap sleeves, and capped sleeves can also not be enough sometimes, these are a bit longer though, and are just right in my eyes.
- I’ll be honest with this, I have got absolutely no Idea where this was originally from, but I purchased this from a seller on Depop! The slogan “stress doesn’t really go with my outfit” pretty much summed up my attitude when I got this, as I was still in college. It’s so super soft and warm, I adore wearing this, it’s just so cosy! Again, black and white, are we noticing a theme here?
- These shoes are, yet again, from H&M, and yet again, I’m wearing them whilst writing this. They are honestly so comfortable and easy to walk in, and go with absolutely everything, because they’re black! I’m not a big fan of girly heels, so these combine the best of both for me, with added comfort.
- Finally, this wouldn’t be my winter wardrobe without my famous green jumper. This is the one I got years ago and have been looking to replace. It’s the softest, most comfortable jumper, and I really do tend to wear it through all of autumn and winter, maybe even spring! It’s my go to clothing item, rain or shine, and I don’t think I’ll ever find something to replace it properly. It’s kind of sad how much I love this jumper!
Of course, along with these items, typical winter wear for me consists of woolly socks, black skinny jeans, thermal vests, hats and scarves! I do like to keep warm in the colder months, but feeling like I look half decent is also important.
Now I need to start saving up my money again, so I can buy more pretty clothes!